WordPress is an immensely powerful blogging and website platform. In fact, some of the most famous French blogs online such as the Foothills of France and Lifestyle blog for Paris and France are all powered by WordPress. If you’re planning to make your online presence unique using this blogging platform, here are some WordPress tips for you.
Review other websites (especially those that have internal blogs):
In order to be a successful blog owner, one must first understand the mechanics of how to build a great blog website. It’s best to use references while building your own blog by visiting websites that have internal blogs such as Partypoker.fr. One of the first things you’ll notice on this site is their use of Flash. Apart from using mySQL and PHP just like WordPress, Party Poker uses Adobe Flash to operate their games smoothly. Study each tab on the site including How to Play, Promotions and Tournaments. On the Party Poker blog, they post all the latest news regarding the poker world. This news includes updates from the big online and offline tournaments including World of Poker Tour (WPT) events and some stories regarding famous professional poker players. In fact, Canadian TV personality and professional poker player Kara Scott writes and submits articles for said blog. So before thinking about the look and feel of your WordPress site, be sure to review other websites first to understand various styles you can apply on your own blog.
Schedule future blog posts:
The majority of bloggers tries to follow a publishing schedule. They post once a month, once a week or once a day. In WordPress, you can schedule posts to go live at a particular time and date, so you don’t need to be at your computer (or even awake) when the post goes live. Here are the steps:
· In the WordPress backend, go to the Edit screen to view the post you wish to schedule.
· In the top-right of the page, look for a box titled "Publish," where you’ll find an option that reads “Publish immediately."
· Click the blue “Edit” text next to “Publish immediately” and choose the month, date, year and the time you want your post to be published. Remember to use military time (3:00 p.m. would be 15:00).
· Click the gray “OK” button. Then the “Publish immediately” text should now change to “Schedule for," with whatever date and time you have chosen.
· If you’re ready to go, click the blue “Schedule” button (formerly "Publish"). Your post is set to go.
Currently, WordPress is the most popular blogging system used in France and the whole world. In fact, WordPress is used by more than 16.7% of Alexa Internet’s, web traffic reporting system of Amazon.com, “Top 1 Million” websites. The report also revealed that as of August 2011, the blogging platform manages 22% of all new websites. The following tips above will be your guide in building your own blog. Just remember that if you’re building your own French blog, it’s better to have a language option on your website so readers who don’t speak French can still enjoy your site.
|Your cart is empty|